Your happiness often depends on your way of thinking. It does not matter who you are, what you have gone through or what you have, it is your perception of the world that determines your happiness. With these 50 quotes, you may change your outlook on life by realizing that you are the only person influencing your well-being.
Quotes That Will Teach You How to Change Your Thinking to Achieve Happiness
1. It only takes one person to make you happy and change your life: YOU.
2. Your life only improves if you seize all the opportunities, the first and most complicated being to be honest with yourself.
3. Stop focusing on your misfortunes and remember how blessed you are.It could be a lot worse.
4. It does not matter what happens to you, but how you react to what happens to you. Count your benefits when others add up their problems.
5. Try to be positive about the moment. Even if it’s a little harder than usual, it’s still possible.
6. When the life you live makes you smile, you end up having a life that is worth a smile.
7. Remember, social comparisons destroy happiness. You could spend a life worrying about what others have, but you would not get it.
8. Happiness is more easily attained when you are proud of yourself without having to ask someone for advice.
9. Be nice to the people you meet when things are going well because you may meet them again when everything goes wrong.
10. Show kindness and respect to everyone, including those who are not with you – not because they are nice, but because you are.
11. Kindness should not be confused with weakness, just as forgiveness should not be confused with consent. It’s about understanding that all resentment does not lead to happiness.
12. Give everything you have but do not let yourself be exploited. Listen carefully to others but do not lose your voice.
13. Say what you have to say. Speak sincerely. There is no greater sadness than living on the hook of things you did not have the courage to say.
14. You can not change the way people treat or talk about you. All you can do is change your reactions and choose who you want to surround yourself with.
15. Negative companies will never give you a good life. Define what you are willing to tolerate in the long run.
16. What you allow will continue to happen. It is better to spend more time alone than to let bad people and their opinions derail you from the path to your destiny.
17. When people take you up, keep going, smile and stay yourself. Never let someone’s bitterness change who you are.
18. Your value is not impacted by someone who is unable to see what you are worth.
19. One of the most liberating things we learn in life is that we do not need to love everyone, that everyone does not have to love us and that’s how it is.
20. When someone says, “You’ve changed,” it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it means that you have stopped living your life in their own way.
21. Never be ashamed of who you are. You have the right to feel any emotion and to take any path, if it makes you happy.
22. The most unhappy people in our world are the ones who care most about what others think.
23. You can not base your vision of success and happiness on the opinions and expectations of others.
24. Happiness and success depend only on how you live your own life. Be yourself. Nobody can tell you that you are not acting properly.
25. It’s better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to climb than to be at the top of the ladder you do not want to climb.
26. Work to shape a life that looks good to you, not for a life that looks good to others.
27. No amount of money will please you if you are not happy yourself.
28. Perhaps the thing that scares you the most is the thing you should do. Sometimes life comes down to risking everything for a dream that no one but you can understand.
29. You can not always wait for the perfect moment. Sometimes you have to dare because life is too short to regret or wonder what it could have been.
30. The best way to predict the future is to build it. Take part in life instead of watching it pass you by.
31. There is nothing more fun than doing what people think you can not do.
32. Almost anything is possible provided you have the time and the nerves.
33. Challenges make life interesting; surpassing them gives meaning to life. It’s the way you deal with failure that determines your happiness and success.
34. Let your mistakes be your motives, not your excuses. Decide immediately what bad past experiences will not predict your future.
35. What is coming is better than what has happened. Keep hope. Good things usually happen when you least expect it.
36. If you take a step, then a second one, you will be surprised to see how you can keep moving forward from the point you thought was the end.
37. Nothing is more beautiful and powerful than a smile caught in the midst of tears.
38. Any madman can be happy when times are good. It takes a strong soul and a big heart to get to smile situations that make us cry.
39. No matter how long it will take, it will get better. Difficult situations end up forging strong people.
40. As one becomes older and wise, one begins to realize what one needs to leave behind. Sometimes moving away is a step forward.
42. One of the most rewarding moments of life is the day when you finally have the courage to put aside what you can not change.
43. No matter what you do, do not get stuck on the one thing that ruined your day. Smile and be grateful. Life is too short to be spoiled by negativity.
44. The less you expect, the more pleasant your life will be.
45. Patience may be bitter, but the seed you plant today will yield good fruit tomorrow.
46. Take long walks. Indulge in great conversations. Enjoy the present moment. Count your benefits. Let yourself go for a moment and breathe.
47. Do not dwell on perfect life to the point of forgetting to live.
48. The trick is to enjoy your life today. Do not push her back while waiting for better days.
49. Give importance to the small things of life because when you regret “the good old days”, it’s those little things you miss the most, such as laughing with a particular person.
50. Live simply. Love abundantly. Speak sincerely. Breathe deeply. Do your best. Leave everything else in power.
What’s one quote or personal reminder that has helped you think happier thoughts and live more positively? Please share it with us by leaving a reply below.